Frequently Asked Questions
We put together this FAQ to help you better understand how we operate. If you’re a current resident and have questions about your Lease, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
We try and keep moving in as simple and affordable as possible.
- The application fee is $40 (it covers a background check).
- Your security deposit is the cost of one month’s rent + utilities (This will be due at the time of signing your lease).
- Your first month’s rent is due before move in.
It varies by property, but in our Communities beyond living with a super diverse group of interesting people, rent includes:
- All utilities: High-speed internet, electricity & gas, water & sewer, trash & recycling — all that stuff.
- All utilities run at a flat rate of $150-$179/month, depending on community & amenities.
- Communal spaces you’ll want to hang out in. Well-designed, furnished and set up with new appliances.
- The fully-furnished room (twin-size bed, wardrobe, reading lamp, desk, and chair).
- Weekly cleaning services of communal areas, no less than 5x/week.
- Community events to connect, explore the city, and bond.
- Netflix, Hulu, and all the tech (communal TV, sound system) you need to enjoy them.
- Other nice perks to make your life easier and happier.
It depends on a couple of things (primarily room type, room size location, community, private bathroom and/or private deck and leasing term), but most of our rooms are between $1,049 (double) and $1,829 (single) a month and include your rent, utilities, community events, amenities and more.
We never liked the hassle of writing an actual rent check and sending it off every month, so we tried to make paying as easy as possible. Basically, you or your co-signer/guarantor will be able to log into your Tenant Portal and pay from there. You can even set up autopay so you never have to worry about forgetting a payment.
You would be responsible to find a replacement tenant to take over your space in the house. We’re happy to help with this! Depending on the situation, there can be some extra fees involved, but it varies. We’d recommend reviewing your Lease Agreement for the specifics and talk to your Berkeley Group community team member and see what’s possible. As always, we try really hard to be accommodating whenever possible.
Usually, community interest drives the types of events we put on. So far we’ve had: film nights, yoga classes, cooking classes, outings to live music, our own speaker series, holiday parties, ice-cream socials, etc! We’re always listening to feedback, and want to plan events around what YOU love to do, so if there’s something you’d like us to try, just let us know!
Definitely! Just speak to us and we can help you out. We want residents to make the community their own.
We currently offer 12-month lease terms. We do allow subletting for the Summer or for a full Semester!
Of course, this is your home! We ask that you accompany your guests at all times. If you have a roommate, you’ll need to check if they are comfortable having an occasional overnight guest. Like any community resident, your guests should be respectful of the community’s shared spaces and follow the Community Guidelines. Ultimately, you’re responsible for their actions.
There’s definitely no curfew, but we do ask you to be respectful of your fellow community residents. Each Berkeley Group Community sets their own quiet hours, and the default weekday quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 am, and 12 am to 9 am on weekends.
Every situation is different, but usually, the first step is to get the Berkeley Group community team involved. Our community managers and directors are pretty incredible at resolving conflicts quickly and keeping the peace. They work hard to really understand the issues that our community residents are facing so they can address them as fast as possible.